Wednesday, February 26, 2014

JUST DOVE IT, BABY!

I will tonsure my head if it doesn’t work this time. I announce as I return from work this time. Without further explanation my family knows it’s about my hair. While I do have lengthy, dense hair, it is simply bad looking, rough, dry and creepy to say the least. My family knows the threat is real. They had to force the razor off my hands the last time. They pray silently. I oil my hair a bit, hang around the TV, grab some coffee and start reading directions on the Dove Hair Therapy Intense Repair Shampoo and Dove Hair Therapy Intense Repair Conditioner packs.



Armed with usage instructions I march off to test the last bit of my patience and the new combo - Dove Hair Therapy Intense Repair Shampoo and Dove Hair Therapy Intense Repair Conditioner. By the time I come out, the electricity if off and everyone is out on the street playing. While I bond with my siblings over street-Frisbee, I can feel my hair starting a new bond with me. It jumps with me, falls with me, grabs me in a hug so soft when I turn, plays chase as I run. Gotta be dreaming, I tell myself. Then the best thing happened – as I try to force it into a knot, it felt silky smooth against my palm, it slid from between by fingers. That can’t be right I think, I pass my hands over again and well, again. It is silky smooth indeed. An irrepressible smile escapes my lip. I have never smiled about my hair in a long long time. The electricity is back, but street-Frisbee continues. Someone is clicking pictures. I definitely look fab, the hair looks like a million bucks. I will send you some pics real soon, Dove.

Tomorrow on, it’s not another day. It’s Dove day.

May be you could also take some inspiration from the DovePlay commercial below. I did. 
And go tell the world to Dove it, baby.







This post is being written for Dove Go Play contest presented by Indiblogger.


No comments: